Was The Messiah
On A Sunday?
A Basic Understanding Series
by D. J. Love, Minister, TSN, SBC
- YHVH's days begin and end at Sunset from "" to "". (Leviticus 23:32)
- The Last (New) Testament does not replace the First (Old) Testament (Tanakh), but is supposed to explain the Spiritual aspects of it.
- The Sabbath was a "High Sabbath" (Meaning An Annual Sabbath) (John 19:31)
- Roosters crow at Sunset and Sunrise, but "Sunset" (or near sunset) was made obvious by the context of the verses (Matthew 26:34).
- The 1st day of "Unleavened Bread" is an immediate extension of "Passover. (Exodus 12:18, and Leviticus 23:5)
- Messiah Y'Shua was sacrificed at the end of the "Preparation Day, which is the daylight period before The First Day of Unleavened Bread (which began immediately after sunset ), and in so doing became "The Spiritual Sacrificial Lamb" (and our High Priest) just in time for the beginning of the "Passover". (Mark 15:42)
Note: Some well meaning Yahwists, and others, have stated that Messiah Y'Shua's Self-sacrifice was not accepted as a "First of the First Fruits" (wave sheaf Omer) until the appointed time that the Jewish High Priest actually offered up the "Wave Sheaf" on the day after "Passover." What these well meaning Yahwists have forgotten is that Messiah Y'Shua became the NEW HIGH PRIEST at his crucifixion, and that the tearing into from top to bottom of the Temple Veil (Matthew 27:51, Mark 15:38, Luke 23:45) reinforces that fact. In other words the Levitical High Priests were removed from their office by Messiah Y'Shua from that very moment at Sunset as the "Preparation Day of Passover" ended, and he remains so to this very day._Additionally, It was not Messiah Y'Shua's ascension (as they assumed) that indicated acceptance of Messiah as the First of the First Fruits (Wave Sheaf Omer), but his crucifixion.
- Messiah Y'Shua was in the Grave (Hades) three FULL nights and three FULL days (Matthew 12:40 - THREE FULL "Even to Evens"), as was Jonah (or Jonas) was in the belly of the whale (or Great Fish). (SEE VERSES BELOW)
Note: Some well meaning Yahwists, christopagans, and others, have stated that Messiah Y'Shua was only in the Earth three generic days, and go to great lengths to try to prove it, BUT IF this was the intent of the verses (Matthew 12:40, etc.) then it makes ZERO sense to mention the night time periods at all. Why not just simply say, "Three Days?"__CLEARLY these are not three generic days, but three "Evens to Evens."
- When Mary Magdalene (Miriamne) and the other Mary (Miryam) came to the grave site, Messiah Y'Shua HAD ALREADY RISEN... BEFORE THEY ARRIVED!!! (MATTHEW 28:1) As A Matter Of Fact, A Full Night Before.
- The Apostle John states that Miriamne (Mary Magdalene) came to Messiah's sepulchre alone at night. Could it be that when she saw that the sepulchre was already empty (way before daybreak), that she went back to get Messiah's mother to show her or was John more confused than the Roman church?
The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
- PASSOVER is the meal (ceremony) that immediately precedes the Annual Sabbath (a High Day or Yachal) of Unleavened Bread. Saturday (Friday at even to Saturday at even) is a Weekly Sabbath.
Note: The ROOT Word for this High Day is "YACHAL", which means, "That which is painfully waited for with great anticipation" ... Clearly NOT a weekly Sabbath, but a long awaited "Annual Sabbath".
- The Passover animal sacrifices were always in the late afternoon prior Sunset (Evening) symbolizing that Messiah Y'Shua our Sacrifice would, also, be crucified in the late afternoon prior to Sunset but that the crucifixion would not be complete until late in the evening.
Exodus 12:5-6 Your lamb (Messiah Y'Shua) shall be without blemish (Pure), a male (Messiah Y'Shua, son of YHVH) a year old (Innocent). You shall take it from the sheep, or from the goats: and you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of the same month; and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel (prophecy) shall KILL IT AT EVENING (prior to sunset). Which means that Y'Shua was, also, raised from among the dead at SUNSET three full nights and three full daylight periods later, and not on a Sunday morning.
Know This: YHVH was absolutely required to bring about the Sacrifice of "The Lamb of G-d" in the same manner, and according to the same schedule as the old animal sacrifices. Otherwise the significance of The Messiah being the New Covenant Passover would have no true parallel to The Old Covenant Passover, and therefore, could not be taken seriously, BUT The Power of YHVH caused this to happen exactly as prophesied.
Jonah 1:17 Now the Lord YHVH had (specially) prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah (or Jonas). And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three full days and three full nights.
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas (or Jonah) was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the Earth (Hades or the Grave).
Matthew 28:1 After the END of the Sabbath (DUSK - Leviticus 23:32), as (when) it began to dawn (Approximately 8 to10 hours later near daybreak) toward the first day of the week (Sunday), came Mary Magdalene (Miriamne) and the other Mary (Miryam) to see the sepulchre.
Note: Messiah Y'Shua HAD ALREADY RISEN (past tense). Y'Shua Messiah did not need the rock to be rolled away in order to be risen from among "The Dead". When the two Marys arrived in the early morning hours, Messiah Y'Shua WAS NOT THERE ! Which Brings Out Another Point... What Is The Use Of Sunrise Services? Did The Two Marys actually see Messiah Y'Shua RISE from among "The Dead" at Sunrise?... Absolutely NOT !
Therefore: Messiah Y'Shua became our symbolic PASSOVER at "EVEN" (The beginning of the FIRST NIGHT), then arose from the dead "IMMEDIATELY AFTER" three FULL Evenings (3 periods of darkness), and three Full Daylight Periods. Since the 3 days and 3 nights began at "EVEN" (Sunset), then it MUST, ALSO, END at "EVEN" (Sunset). THUS Messiah DID NOT ARISE ON SUNDAY MORNING... HE had "ALREADY RISEN" at "EVEN" ON SATURDAY (Very late in the Day of The Weekly Sabbath, and just prior to full darkness).
Note: It is NOT NECESSARY to know on which day Messiah Y'Shua was Crucified in order to understand that Messiah Y'Shua WAS RESURRECTED AT "EVEN" PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF SUNDAY! Therefore: A Sunday Resurrection Is A Total IMPOSSIBILITY !
Final Note: Where is it written that the day of Messiah's Resurrection is to change YHVH's Times and Laws? The Prophet Daniel warned us about those who would "Change YHVH's Times and Commandments (Laws)." (Daniel 7:8, 21-27) "I beheld, and the same horn (little horn) made war with the saints, and prevailed against them . . . . And he shall speak great words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High and think to change times and laws.
Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man (Messiah Y'Shua) is Lord even of the Sabbath Day. Why Am I Not Surprised? After All He Was Born During The Sabbath Month Of Tishri, He Was Crucified Minutes or Seconds Prior to the ANNUAL Sabbath (at Sunset/Even), He Was Resurrected and Spiritually Begotten Minutes or Seconds Prior to the End of the WEEKLY Sabbath (At Sunset/Even), And He Will Rule The Earth as YHVH's Ambassador During The Sabbath Millennium.
If you arrived here from a search engine or an external link
Click on the
to access the Home Page
Simply "Close" This Page To Return To The Previous Page